The Colonial Center believes in fostering and encouraging the development of theatre and performing arts in Southside Virginia and the surrounding regions.
The following outlines our core commitment:
- Cooperation: Working with community members and organizations to enhance creative process.
- Education & Training: Providing training to all age groups for roles associated with theatre, both on-stage and off-stage.
- Outreach & Opportunity: Giving the community a chance to participate and showcase their talents.
- Diversity: Structuring a variety of theatre performances.
- Promotion: Working with the public to bring awareness about theatre and performance.
2016 C.A.T.S. SCHEDULE
2016 PROFESSIONAL SHOW SCHEDULE
Community Theater FlexPass Membership
- Buy a Colonial Center Community Theater Flex Package today and choose the events you want to see at a later time. It's easy! Get six tickets for the price of five. You decide how you want to use your tickets - all six at once, or two tickets for the first couple of shows. They last eighteen months from the time of purchase. The code on your confirmation is what enables you to redeem ticket benefits online for tickets to the community theater productions. Please note: Flex Passes are good for entry to C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Productions only.
October 8, 14 & 15, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. - October 9 & 16, 2016 at 2:30 p.m.
The Colonial Actors Theatre Society's Amateur Production of
JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR® DREAMCOAT -
Lyrics by Tim Rice - Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
JOSEPH was the very first C.A.T.S. production and it is being brought back to our stage due to popular demand! The story of JOSEPH is based on the "coat of many colors" story from the Bible's Book of Genesis. This was the first Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice musical to be performed publicly, and its premiere took place in 1970. Its family-friendly storyline, universal themes and catchy music have resulted in numerous productions around the world. This is a C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Production. Sponsored by CCB - Citizens Community Bank.