The Colonial Center believes in fostering and encouraging the development of theatre and performing arts in Southside Virginia and the surrounding regions.
The following outlines our core commitment:
- Cooperation: Working with community members and organizations to enhance creative process.
- Education & Training: Providing training to all age groups for roles associated with theatre, both on-stage and off-stage.
- Outreach & Opportunity: Giving the community a chance to participate and showcase their talents.
- Diversity: Structuring a variety of theatre performances.
- Promotion: Working with the public to bring awareness about theatre and performance.
2017 C.A.T.S. SCHEDULE
2017 PROFESSIONAL SHOW SCHEDULE
Community Theater FlexPass Membership
- Buy a Colonial Center Community Theater Flex Package today and choose the events you want to see at a later time. It's easy! Get six tickets for the price of five. You decide how you want to use your tickets - all six at once, or two tickets for the first couple of shows. They last eighteen months from the time of purchase. The code on your confirmation is what enables you to redeem ticket benefits online for tickets to the community theater productions. Please note: Flex Passes are good for entry to C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Productions only.
AUDITIONS: BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER
Sunday, October 23 - 2:30 p.m.
Monday, October 24 - 6:00 p.m.
THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER tells the story of Grace Bradley, who has been put in charge of her church’s Christmas Pageant for the first time. Mrs. Bradley, along with her husband and children, are tasked with casting and working with the Herdman kids, who are probably the most inventively awful kids in history. Hilarity ensues when these miscreants collide, head on, with the Christmas story! Lessons are learned and the joys of Christmas and its meaning are spread to the Herdmans and the entire church’s congregation, making Mrs. Bradley’s production the best one ever, according to all in attendance.
4 adult men
6 adult women
8 male children
9 female children
There are other, non-speaking parts available for young children as well.
Please be prepared to read from the script at auditions
Please use the Actors Entrance at the rear of the theatre upon arrival.
Download audition forms in advance by clicking the "Community Theatre" tab at the top of this page. Forms will also be available at auditions.
Rehearsals are generally scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings - and Sunday afternoons. All characters will not be required to attend every rehearsal. Be sure to note any conflicts on your audition form so that the director is aware of any potential rehearsal absences in advance.
Performances of THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER are scheduled for December 2, 3, 9 & 10 at 8:00 p.m. with one Sunday matinee at 2:30 p.m. on December 11. There will also be two performances at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 1. (These two performances are special “school day matinee” presentations that are only open to school groups.) Excused absences from school for all child performers will be obtained by the Colonial Center well in advance of the performance date. Please be sure you are able to attend all performance dates prior to auditioning.
Contact Director Douglas Wright with any questions about the audition process or rehearsal scheduling. He may be reached by calling 434-262-4173 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER has been sponsored by the Town of South Hill and the South Hill Chamber of Commerce.