The Colonial Center believes in fostering and encouraging the development of theatre and performing arts in Southside Virginia and the surrounding regions.
The following outlines our core commitment:
- Cooperation: Working with community members and organizations to enhance creative process.
- Education & Training: Providing training to all age groups for roles associated with theatre, both on-stage and off-stage.
- Outreach & Opportunity: Giving the community a chance to participate and showcase their talents.
- Diversity: Structuring a variety of theatre performances.
- Promotion: Working with the public to bring awareness about theatre and performance.
2016 C.A.T.S. SCHEDULE
2016 PROFESSIONAL SHOW SCHEDULE
Community Theater FlexPass Membership
- Buy a Colonial Center Community Theater Flex Package today and choose the events you want to see at a later time. It's easy! Get six tickets for the price of five. You decide how you want to use your tickets - all six at once, or two tickets for the first couple of shows. They last eighteen months from the time of purchase. The code on your confirmation is what enables you to redeem ticket benefits online for tickets to the community theater productions. Please note: Flex Passes are good for entry to C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Productions only.
C.A.T.S. BEST OF SHOWS REVUE
August 6, 12 & 13 at 8:00 p.m.
August 7 & 14 at 2:30 p.m.
Featuring all the best songs, dances, and performances from past C.A.T.S. shows - and few new ones!
Cast Includes Colonial Center Favorites: Michael Carter, Earl Horne, Cristyl Word, Patricia Mahaney, Leigh Lambert, Jim Simpson, Jasmine McCray, Jason Houchins, Shawn Lucy, Harrison Runion, Bryce Watson, Dance It Out Dancers, and more!
Plus Performances by Outstanding Newcomers Including: Buster Freeze and Steve Hyman.
JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT
Monday, August 8 - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 9 - 6:00 p.m.
Earl O. Horne Auditorium
Please use the Actors Entrance at the rear of the theatre upon arrival.
All roles are available.
Casting for all ages.
Please be prepared to sing a solo selection from JOSEPH if auditioning for a main role.
An accompanist will be available at auditions. (NO A CAPPELLA SINGING ALLOWED)
Some dancing may be required as well: dress appropriately.
Please be prepared to fill out necessary forms, or fill them out in advance by clicking on the "Community Theatre" tab above, and printing the all four documents under "Downloads" in the right-hand column.
If this is your first CATS audition, please bring a photo of yourself to go with your paperwork. (Snapshots printed on regular paper are perfectly acceptable.)
Questions? Call Douglas Wright (434) 262-4173 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available roles include:
Joseph, Narrator, Jacob (Joseph's father)
Joseph’s Brothers: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Naphtali, Issachar, Asher, Dan, Zebulon, Gad, Judah, Benjamin (the youngest)
Potiphar’s wife, Potiphar, Butler, Baker, Pharaoh
Children's Choir: 10 boys & Girls
Chorus: Jacob’s Wives, Pharaoh’s entourage (guards and dancers)