The Colonial Center believes in fostering and encouraging the development of theatre and performing arts in Southside Virginia and the surrounding regions.
The following outlines our core commitment:
- Cooperation: Working with community members and organizations to enhance creative process.
- Education & Training: Providing training to all age groups for roles associated with theatre, both on-stage and off-stage.
- Outreach & Opportunity: Giving the community a chance to participate and showcase their talents.
- Diversity: Structuring a variety of theatre performances.
- Promotion: Working with the public to bring awareness about theatre and performance.
2016 C.A.T.S. SCHEDULE
2016 PROFESSIONAL SHOW SCHEDULE
Community Theater FlexPass Membership
- Buy a Colonial Center Community Theater Flex Package today and choose the events you want to see at a later time. It's easy! Get six tickets for the price of five. You decide how you want to use your tickets - all six at once, or two tickets for the first couple of shows. They last eighteen months from the time of purchase. The code on your confirmation is what enables you to redeem ticket benefits online for tickets to the community theater productions. Please note: Flex Passes are good for entry to C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Productions only.
STEEL MAGNOLIAS - May 14, 20 & 21, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. - May 15 & 22, 2016 at 2:30 p.m.
- Robert Harling’s best-known stage production, STEEL MAGNOLIAS, will take audiences by storm. This touching story follows Shelby, M’Lynn, Truvy, Ouiser, Annelle, and Clairee as they regularly gather together at Truvy’s: a local beauty shop in fictional Chinquapin Parish, Louisiana. STEEL MAGNOLIAS may be billed as a drama, but there are plenty of laughs to go around as well. An extremely popular movie adaptation of STEEL MAGNOLIAS was produced in 1989, which starred Julia Roberts, Sally Field, Dolly Parton, Shirley McLaine, Olympia Dukakis, and Darryl Hannah. This is a C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Production. Sponsored by Glenn E. Barbour, P.C. and Watkins Hearing Aids Center.