434-262-4170 is the only valid phone number for the Colonial Center.
Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Phones are not answered outside of these hours.)
2016 COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS MUSIC EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
If you were unable to get tickets before they sold out, you are welcome to come to the door on show night. There are usually some extra tickets turned in by other patrons who bought more than they needed. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. - Show begins at 7:00 p.m.
Monday, January 9, 2017 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Call backs - Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 6:00 p.m.
ANNIE is a C.A.T.S. Community Theatre production sponsored by Parker Oil & Propane; Boyd Honda of South Hill, VA; Boyd Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of South Hill, VA; and Boyd Chevrolet Buick GMC of Emporia, VA.
- There are multiple roles available for children and adults, ages 6 and up. (Cast of around 40 people.)
- Casting for the role of Annie requires a petite female child around age 11. (Age may be adjusted slightly.)
- Anyone auditioning for the role of Annie should be prepared to sing, "Tomorrow" at auditions. Backing track will be available.
- All others should be prepared to sing a song of their choice at auditions.
- No a cappella singing will be accepted. Please provide your own karaoke track if not singing a song from ANNIE.
- Audition forms may be downloaded in advance by clicking the "Community Theatre" tab at the top of this web page.
- If this is your first C.A.T.S. audition, please bring a photo of yourself to go along with your paperwork.
- Reading from the script and some light dancing may also be required if auditioning for certain roles.
- Please use the Actors Entrance at the rear of the theatre upon arrival for auditions.
- Performance dates of ANNIE are March 11, 17 & 18 at 8:00 p.m. with matinee performances on March 12 & 19 at 2:30 p.m.
- Please be sure you are available for all performance dates prior to auditioning.
- Rehearsals will be held on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings, and on Sunday afternoons. Not all characters will be required to attend all rehearsals.
- Rehearsals are mandatory for the week prior to opening. No exceptions.
- Please let the Director know about any other potential rehearsal conflicts at auditions.
- Please contact Director Douglas Wright with any questions about the audition process. He may be reached by calling 434-262-4173 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Break a leg! We hope to see you at auditions!
IN THE MAIN ART GALLERY:
The Crows of Union Level
(Pieces by J.J. Doyle)
Exhibit open now through December 22, 2016.
Please click the "Art Gallery" tab at the top of this page, then scroll down for more information about gallery exhibitions.
The Colonial Center proudly welcomes the following businesses and individuals into our 2016 Ovation Circle:
Bill & Sylvia Solari
Town of South Hill
VCU - Community Memorial Hospital
Harris & Wesley, Inc. (McDonald's of South Hill)
First Media Radio - 107.7 3WD FM
Lakes Media Network
Columbia Gas of Virginia
In Touch Therapy
Watkins Insurance Agency
BGF Industries, Inc.
Citizens Bank and Trust Company
Creedle, Jones & Alga, P.C.
Team Nurse, Inc.
Millie B. Bracey
Kevin & Karla Norsworthy
Bob & Robin Jones
Crowder-Hite-Crews Funeral Home
Jimmie K. & Rebecca Crowder
Please click the link below for a comprehensive list of Ovation Circle Members and their contributions.
2016 Ovation Circle
Contact Lauren Epps at (434) 262-4170 or via email at email@example.com for information about how to join this exclusive group of supporters, and to learn more about the benefits of membership!
Programs and Activites at the Colonial Center would not be possible without assistance and funding from the following organizations:
Our 2017 season of events has been announced! Be sure to click the "Events" link at the top of this page to view video clips of upcoming performances, and for more information about this exciting season!
PROCESSING FEES APPLY TO ALL CREDIT CARD ORDERS PLACED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OVER THE PHONE, AND IN THE BOX OFFICE. TO AVOID THESE FEES, PLEASE VISIT THE BOX OFFICE BETWEEN 8:30 A.M. AND 4:30 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, AND PURCHASE TICKETS WITH CASH OR CHECK.
- Need a gift, incentive, or recognition award for someone you know? The Colonial Center now offers gift certificates starting at $15.00 each and increasing in amounts of $5.00 increments up to $50.00 total. There are no fees for this service. Ask a staff member today about how you can take advantage of this offer.
- Colonial Center Flex Passes are available for purchase! These passes entitle the recipient to six tickets to C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Events! Use them all at once or spread them throughout the year; it's your choice! Flex-Passes are $75 each and may be purchased on this site under the Events tab above. For questions, more information, or assistance in purchasing a Flex-Pass, please call the box office at 434-262-4170.
Tours and Visits
- Please call ahead if you would like to see the theater area. We do not make that space accessible unless we have advance knowledge of the visit. It is our pleasure to show our space if we are prepared. As always, our box office and galleries are open Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
. Thank you for your understanding.