434-262-4170 is the only valid phone number for the Colonial Center.
Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Phones are not answered outside of these hours.)
AUDITIONS: BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER
Sunday, October 23 - 2:30 p.m.
Monday, October 24 - 6:00 p.m.
THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER tells the story of Grace Bradley, who has been put in charge of her church’s Christmas Pageant for the first time. Mrs. Bradley, along with her husband and children, are tasked with casting and working with the Herdman kids, who are probably the most inventively awful kids in history. Hilarity ensues when these miscreants collide, head on, with the Christmas story! Lessons are learned and the joys of Christmas and its meaning are spread to the Herdmans and the entire church’s congregation, making Mrs. Bradley’s production the best one ever, according to all in attendance.
- 4 adult men
- 6 adult women
- 8 male children
- 9 female children
- There are other, non-speaking parts available for young children as well.
- Please be prepared to read from the script at auditions
- Please use the Actors Entrance at the rear of the theatre upon arrival.
- Download audition forms in advance by clicking the "Community Theatre" tab at the top of this page. Forms will also be available at auditions.
- Rehearsals are generally scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings - and Sunday afternoons. All characters will not be required to attend every rehearsal. Be sure to note any conflicts on your audition form so that the director is aware of any potential rehearsal absences in advance.
- Performances of THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER are scheduled for December 2, 3, 9 & 10 at 8:00 p.m. with one Sunday matinee at 2:30 p.m. on December 11. There will also be two performances at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 1. (These two performances are special “school day matinee” presentations that are only open to school groups.) Excused absences from school for all child performers will be obtained by the Colonial Center well in advance of the performance date. Please be sure you are able to attend all performance dates prior to auditioning.
- Contact Director Douglas Wright with any questions about the audition process or rehearsal scheduling. He may be reached by calling 434-262-4173 or via email at email@example.com.
- THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER has been sponsored by the Town of South Hill and the South Hill Chamber of Commerce.
OUR 2017 SEASON OF EVENTS HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED! Click the "Events" tab above for more information!
IN THE MAIN ART GALLERY:
Pieces by Patricia Velásquez de Mera.
Exhibit open now through November 15, 2016.
Please click the "Art Gallery" tab at the top of this page, then scroll down for more information about gallery exhibitions.
The Colonial Center proudly welcomes the following businesses and individuals into our 2016 Ovation Circle:
Bill & Sylvia Solari
Town of South Hill
VCU - Community Memorial Hospital
Harris & Wesley, Inc. (McDonald's of South Hill)
First Media Radio - 107.7 3WD FM
Lakes Media Network
Columbia Gas of Virginia
In Touch Therapy
Watkins Insurance Agency
BGF Industries, Inc.
Citizens Bank and Trust Company
Creedle, Jones & Alga, P.C.
Team Nurse, Inc.
Millie B. Bracey
Bob & Robin Jones
Crowder-Hite-Crews Funeral Home
Jimmie K. & Rebecca Crowder
Please click the link below for a comprehensive list of Ovation Circle Members and their contributions.
2016 Ovation Circle
Contact Lauren Epps at (434) 262-4170 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to join this exclusive group of supporters, and to learn more about the benefits of membership!
Programs and Activites at the Colonial Center would not be possible without assistance and funding from the following organizations:
Our 2017 season of events has been announced! Be sure to click the "Events" link at the top of this page to view video clips of upcoming performances, and for more information about this exciting season!
PROCESSING FEES APPLY TO ALL CREDIT CARD ORDERS PLACED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OVER THE PHONE, AND IN THE BOX OFFICE. TO AVOID THESE FEES, PLEASE VISIT THE BOX OFFICE BETWEEN 8:30 A.M. AND 4:30 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, AND PURCHASE TICKETS WITH CASH OR CHECK.
- Need a gift, incentive, or recognition award for someone you know? The Colonial Center now offers gift certificates starting at $15.00 each and increasing in amounts of $5.00 increments up to $50.00 total. There are no fees for this service. Ask a staff member today about how you can take advantage of this offer.
- Colonial Center Flex Passes are available for purchase! These passes entitle the recipient to six tickets to C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Events! Use them all at once or spread them throughout the year; it's your choice! Flex-Passes are $75 each and may be purchased on this site under the Events tab above. For questions, more information, or assistance in purchasing a Flex-Pass, please call the box office at 434-262-4170.
Tours and Visits
- Please call ahead if you would like to see the theater area. We do not make that space accessible unless we have advance knowledge of the visit. It is our pleasure to show our space if we are prepared. As always, our box office and galleries are open Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
. Thank you for your understanding.