434-262-4170 is the only valid phone number for the Colonial Center.
Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Phones are not answered outside of these hours.)
The Colonial Center will be closed on Monday, May 30, in observance of Memorial Day.
C.A.T.S. BEST OF SHOWS REVUE
Monday, June 13 - 6:00 p.m.
Please use the Actors Entrance at the rear of the theatre upon arrival. This entrance is located in the alley on the gas station side of the facility. There is a small wooden porch outside of the entrance and the door is cleared marked, “Actors Entrance”.
Auditions are open to people of all ages, and we are hoping for a very diverse cast! In honor of our fifth anniversary season, this musical revue will showcase some of the best songs, dance numbers, and sketches to have been performed on the Colonial’s stage in years past. Although the cast will include many C.A.T.S. veteran performers, newcomers are strongly encouraged to participate!
Necessary forms will be made available on audition day. All newcomers are asked to bring a photo/headshot to be attached to their audition form. Snapshots printed on regular paper are perfectly acceptable.
This show will encompass many different styles of music, including but not limited to Broadway standards, songs from the 1950s and 1960s, country music from all eras, and Vegas lounge-style crooning.
Anyone who wishes to be considered for a solo should expect to sing a song of their choice at auditions. No a cappella singing will be accepted and no accompanist will be available, so please bring a karaoke-style CD of your chosen song. For assistance with obtaining an acceptable audition track, contact Director Douglas Wright by no later than Friday, June 10.
Performance dates of the C.A.T.S. BEST OF SHOWS REVUE are as follows: August 6, 12 & 13 at 8:00 p.m. Sunday matinee performances will be at 2:30 p.m. on August 7 & 14. Please be sure you are available for all performance dates prior to auditioning.
Please contact Douglas Wright via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 434-262-4173 with any questions about the revue, the audition process, or to request assistance in obtaining an audition track.
2016 Summer Theatre Workshop (FREE!)
Week #1 will focus on all aspects of theatre. There will be special visits by veteran performers who will come to share their knowledge and experiences. Participants will play acting and improvisational games which will heighten their ability to react and think quickly in any given situation. There will be plenty of activities and fun to be had!
- June 13 - June 24 (Monday through Friday ONLY)
- Classes take place from 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- "Graduation Performance" at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 25. (Tickets are $5 each for performance.)
- Limited to 25 participants between the ages of 11 & 18.
- Please do not register your child if they cannot attend ALL workshop dates and the final performance.
- Call (434) 262-4170 to register in advance. Registration deadline will be Monday, June 6.
- A parent or legal guardian MUST accompany their child to the first workshop session at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, June 13 to fill out paperwork.
Week #2 will focus more intently on a performer’s field of choice. For example, if a participant’s medium of choice is dance, they will be paired with a dance instructor to help refine their movements and give them one-on-one coaching with regards to dance. If a participant is a singer, they will be paired with a vocal coach who will help them fine-tune their voice to get them performance ready. If a child is interested in acting, they will be instructed one-on-one by an acting coach, etc.
If you would like more information regarding the Colonial Center’s 2016 Summer Theatre Workshop, please contact Douglas Wright by emailing him at email@example.com.
Friday, June 3 - 7:00 P.M. - SOLD OUT!
Saturday, June 4 - 1:00 P.M.
Saturday, June 4 - 7:00 P.M.
IN THE MAIN ART GALLERY:
Pieces by Virginia R. Coleman
May 10, 2016 - June 28, 2016
For more information about the artist and this exhibit, please click the "Art Gallery" tab at the top of this page.
The Colonial Center proudly welcomes the following businesses and individuals into our 2016 Ovation Circle:
Bill & Sylvia Solari
Town of South Hill
VCU - Community Memorial Hospital
Harris & Wesley, Inc. (McDonald's of South Hill)
First Media Radio - 107.7 3WD FM
Lakes Media Network
Columbia Gas of Virginia
In Touch Therapy
Watkins Insurance Agency
BGF Industries, Inc.
Citizens Bank and Trust Company
Creedle, Jones & Alga, P.C.
Team Nurse, Inc.
Millie B. Bracey
Bob & Robin Jones
Crowder-Hite-Crews Funeral Home
Jimmie K. & Rebecca Crowder
Please click the link below for a comprehensive list of Ovation Circle Members and their contributions.
2016 Ovation Circle
Contact Lauren Epps at (434) 262-4170 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to join this exclusive group of supporters, and to learn more about the benefits of membership!
Programs and Activites at the Colonial Center would not be possible without assistance and funding from the following organizations:
Our 2016 season of events has been announced! Be sure to click the "Events" link at the top of this page to view video clips of upcoming performances, and for more information about this exciting 5th anniversary season!
PROCESSING FEES APPLY TO ALL CREDIT CARD ORDERS PLACED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OVER THE PHONE, AND IN THE BOX OFFICE. TO AVOID THESE FEES, PLEASE VISIT THE BOX OFFICE BETWEEN 8:30 A.M. AND 4:30 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, AND PURCHASE TICKETS WITH CASH OR CHECK.
- Need a gift, incentive, or recognition award for someone you know? The Colonial Center now offers gift certificates starting at $15.00 each and increasing in amounts of $5.00 increments up to $50.00 total. There are no fees for this service. Ask a staff member today about how you can take advantage of this offer.
- Colonial Center Flex Passes are available for purchase! These passes entitle the recipient to six tickets to C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Events! Use them all at once or spread them throughout the year; it's your choice! Flex-Passes are $75 each and may be purchased on this site under the Events tab above. For questions, more information, or assistance in purchasing a Flex-Pass, please call the box office at 434-262-4170.
Tours and Visits
- Please call ahead if you would like to see the theater area. We do not make that space accessible unless we have advance knowledge of the visit. It is our pleasure to show our space if we are prepared. As always, our box office and galleries are open Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
. Thank you for your understanding.
The Colonial Theatre has a very special place in the history of our community and in the lives of many of our residents. It has weathered many storms and economic crises, as well as years of neglect at various times throughout its history.
The Colonial is one of the few remaining vaudeville theatres of its era in Virginia and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places... Read Full History