Box Office Hours:
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Phones are not answered outside of these hours.
(434) 262-4170 is the ONLY valid phone number for the Box Office.
The C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Production of:
GUYS & DOLLS, JR.
Monday, May 22 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 23 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
All performers must be age 18 and under!
FREE Painting Workshop for Kids & Teens
- Set in Damon Runyon's New York City, GUYS & DOLLS, JR. follows gambler, Nathan Detroit, as he tries to find the cash to set up the biggest crap game in town while the authorities breathe down his neck. Meanwhile, his girlfriend and nightclub performer, Adelaide, laments that they've been engaged for fourteen years without ever getting married. Nathan turns to fellow gambler, Sky Masterson, for the dough, but Sky ends up chasing the straight-laced missionary, Sarah Brown.
- Casting 2 lead males, 2 lead females, 9 featured roles, and unlimited ensemble members.
- Performance dates are: August 5, 11 & 12 at 8:00 p.m. and August 6 & 13 at 2:30 p.m.
- Please be sure you are available for all performance dates & required rehearsals before auditioning. (Rehearsals are mandatory for the two weeks prior to opening.)
- Be prepared to sing a short song selection if auditioning for a main or featured role.
- No a cappella singing will be permitted at auditions. - Please provide your own karaoke track or contact Douglas Wright for assistance with obtaining a suitable track. No accompanist will be provided by the Colonial Center at auditions.
- Some light dancing may be required - dress appropriately.
- Reading from the script will be required if auditioning for a speaking role.
- Please use the Actors Entrance at the rear of the theatre upon arrival.
- Audition paperwork may be obtained in advance by clicking the "Community Theatre" tab at the top of this page.
- If this is your first C.A.T.S. audition, please bring a photo of yourself to go along with your paperwork. This can be a snapshot printed on regular paper.
- Questions about auditions? Contact Director Douglas Wright at 434-262-4170 or via email at email@example.com.
Saturday, April 29 (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
Ages 8-18 (Prior registration is required.)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
call (434) 262-4170 to register.
Karen Terry will offer an additional free painting workshop designed for children and teens, ages 8-18 on Saturday, April 29. This class will also focus on acrylic painting and it will encourage young people to explore their creative sides while interacting with their peers. Again, seating is limited. All materials will be provided by the theatre.
Registration for the Adult Painting Workshop Scheduled for Friday, April 28 from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. is now FULL.
Our free workshops are made possible through funding provided by the Virginia Commission for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.
PROCESSING FEES APPLY TO ALL CREDIT CARD ORDERS PLACED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OVER THE PHONE, AND IN THE BOX OFFICE. TO AVOID THESE FEES, PLEASE VISIT THE BOX OFFICE BETWEEN 8:30 A.M. AND 4:30 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, AND PURCHASE TICKETS WITH CASH OR CHECK.
- Need a gift, incentive, or recognition award for someone you know? The Colonial Center now offers gift certificates starting at $15.00 each and increasing in amounts of $5.00 increments up to $50.00 total. There are no fees for this service. Ask a staff member today about how you can take advantage of this offer.
- Colonial Center Flex Passes are available for purchase! These passes entitle the recipient to six tickets to C.A.T.S. Community Theatre Events! Use them all at once or spread them throughout the year; it's your choice! Flex-Passes are $75 each and may be purchased on this site under the Events tab above. For questions, more information, or assistance in purchasing a Flex-Pass, please call the box office at 434-262-4170.
Tours and Visits
- Please call ahead if you would like to see the theater area. We do not make that space accessible unless we have advance knowledge of the visit. It is our pleasure to show our space if we are prepared. As always, our box office and galleries are open Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
. Thank you for your understanding.